Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Rain, rain, you can stay, as long as we don't float away..

Today it rained. That doesn't sound like anything newsworthy, unless you live in southern California where "sunny and 70" is the norm. I grew up in eastern Pennsylvania where precipitation and overall dreariness is common, and for the most part, the only time the Weather Channel warned us was when we needed to get out the snow shovel or batten down the hatches. Here in California, we get alerts when we might get a half inch of rain over the course of a day. I welcome the rain here, it's a nice change of pace, and it usually results in mayhem and then sleepiness in our house!

Meet Apollo. The red heeler/Australian shepherd/something-with-long-legs mix, who thinks he is a lapdog. He's a sweetheart. Sorry for the camera blur, he kept trying to sniff my lens!


This is how he spent most of the day, which I can appreciate.


Since the boys couldn't go outside (mostly because it was pretty chilly, I'm all for splashing in puddles!), they sculpted some Play-doh snakes and cupcakes...


...while I made some chocolate chip banana bread, which is already almost half gone! My first love is baking (sorry, sewing), and I haven't made anything sweet and scrumptious since Christmas. That's just unheard of! I was glad to be tinkering in the kitchen a bit.


And of course the day wouldn't be complete without some sewing...err, pinning...LOTS of pinning..


A likeness of this will be posted in my shop shortly!  

What did you do today?


2 comments:

  1. Haha, the SoCal response to rain still amazes me after 5 years! I grew up in western New York, then lived in San Francisco for a while, so I was enjoying the rain today :) Got some crafting done too. Your banana bread looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you make yesterday? And the bread is SO good, thanks! If you roll over "chocolate chip banana bread", you'll find the link for the recipe if you want : )

    ReplyDelete